Saturday, January 16, 2016

MI Band Connection Issues with Redmi Note 4G Solved

MI Band



Features of MI Band: Click Here

MI Band has been quite popular now and you guys probably are aware of the same. Recently I bought a new MI Band and had some connection issues with the same as Xiaomi has not been releasing official Lolipop and Marshmallow MIUI Roms so am using Custom Marshmallow Roms for my Redmi Note 4G.

I noticed that I was not able to connect my MI Band with my Redmi Note 4g, it would show as "Pairing" and then text would pop us as "connection with MI failed". It was really frustrating spending a thousand bucks and not getting the product to work so I searched extensively as to what is causing the issue and then is there any way to resolve it.

So after many research I have found a solution with the help of a friend who suggested me this method and I am going to share them with you as well.

The Solution is very simple, if you are using any Custom Rom and upgraded to a newer version or you are not able to connect to MI Band to your phone Bluetooth, I will tell you what to be done to get connected to MI Band, try the below as follows:

  • Just download File Manager Pro.
  • Locate the Folder SYSTEM/LIB/HW
  • Here, you will find a file with name "bluetooth.default.so"
  • Delete it.
  • Replace it with this File - Click Here which is tweaked to connect with the MI Band
  • Please keep a copy of the both current and downloaded "bluetooth.default.so" somewhere so that if anything goes wrong, you can restore it.
Note: This Post is not copied from any Blog or Post and is posted just to help in case if you encounter connection issues with MI Bnad.

If you have any questions or issues regarding the same, you can leave your querries in the comments section, I would be happy to help. Thanks for Visiting and hope you have a great time using your MI BAND!!

33 comments:

  1. I cant believe how you have done this one, been sending Logcats to the devs and stuffs but this was so simple. thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! It's the only one solution working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't work for me, the Bluetooth starts and stops automatically, pls help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I have the same problem. I presume this is because my device is not Redmi Note. I have a Galaxy S6, MM 6.0.1 and this file doesn't work. Can you explain what was tweaked in the bluetooth.default.so file so other users could edit their own files or can you edit the file that's on my phone, after I send it to you?

      Delete
    3. Sorry bro, this is just for the Redmi Note and the File is being shared with me so I do not have any idea about modifying it..

      Delete
  4. Fuc man it's working!! Whatever it was great work man!! Been trying to solve it since weeks and ended up finally with a solution!! Hats off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life saviour!! Great post!! Abso fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. It works now! Thanx .. good post man

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, its just work on redmi note?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried on other devices, but you can try it but make sure you backup the file before replacing

      Delete
  8. Doesn't work for me, the Bluetooth starts and stops automatically.I solved it by updating to the latest rom CM 13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem, It doesnt work if you replace the File (overwrite), delete the file then cut paste the file you downloaded, it is the proper method as mentioned, anyways if MI Band connected by updating the ROM that is our ultimate goal. Enjoy :)

      Delete
  9. thank you for file i will try on redmi 1s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the file it works as mentioned .. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Help me please. I can't delete the bluetooth.default.so file. I'm using mi3 with custom rom cm13. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Download File Manager Pro and in Settings options of File Manager Pro tick the option "Root Explorer" and "Mount System Folders" and it should let you delete.

      Delete
  12. It asks for permission to download the file from google drive. Any other place this is uploaded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just ask for access .. It worked for me

      Delete
  13. Would you care to explain what you changed in order to get it working? I have a Galaxy S6 phone and this file obviously doesn't work (yes, I tried). I'd like to change the bluetooth.default.so file that comes with my phone, because it's really annoying that I can't use the Mi Band as phone unlocking device. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry bro but this file is just for the Redmi Note and as far as my knowledge goes, ou can use MI band to unlock only Mi devices and not on other devices.

      Delete
  14. could you give me permission to download it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, have you received that permission ? thx ...

      Delete
  15. How can I replace bluetooth.default.so file? My system file is read only ��

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, could you please give download permission to me too ? Thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  17. No permission needed now.. you can download openly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't help me to connect my mi band 2 to my Redmi Note 3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Explore a range a deals, coupons, latest offering on latest mobile phones and on other gizmos as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments . If you are facing problems i will get back to you soon .

Internet Download Manager Full Version July 2018

Internet Download Manager  (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive e...